At Pension Playa Samara and Santa Elena we are your transport experts. If you have any questions about how to get anywhere in Costa Rica just ask us. Here are few hints:
- Your bags are safe under the bus but do not leave your things in the overhead bins.
- There are many companies that offer shared shuttles and private transports. Contact us and we will shop all the choices to find the very best price.
- Taxi will lie to you about public bus times and charge you more to take you to a different terminal.
- Make sure you tell a taxi to turn on the meter before you start. If there is a problem call 911
- Travel north and south is not hard but east, west can be complicated. We can help with selecting a good route.
- If in doubt call us.
From – To Samara
- From Liberia –
- Take an early bus from Liberia to Nicoya and connect with direct bus to Playa Samara (3-4 hours)
- Shared Shuttle departs daily from the airport at 2 PM and costs between $45-$50 pp
- Private Car can be arranged to pick up at your arrival time at the airport or hotel and costs between $130-$140. This is the best value for 3 or more travellers.
- From San Jose-
- Catch a direct bus from San Jose at 12 PM or 5 PM (high season) from the 7-10 terminal or there are direct busses departing throughout the day to Nicoya and then connect with a bus to Playa Samara. (5-7 hours)
- Shared Shuttle departs daily from the airport and San Jose hotels mornings between 7am and 8am and costs $60 PP
- Private Transport can be arranged to meet your arrival time or pick up time at the your hotel and will cost between $240-$260. Best for groups. We will call for best price.
3) From Monteverde
- Take early bus to Puntarenas and depart on the Pan American highway. Connect from the highway with a Nicoya a Puente bus and then connect with bus to Playa Samara (6-7 hours)
- Shared Shuttle departs at 8AM and costs $45 pp. WE OFFER $25pp SPECIAL TRANSFER RATES FOR OUR GUESTS STAYING AT PENSION SANTA ELENA.
- A private transport can be arranged for your pick-up time and costs between $150-$160 for up to 6 passengers, perfect for large groups. WE OFFER SPECIAL TRANSPORT RATES FOR OUR GUESTS STAYING AT PENSION SANTA ELENA. Contact us for more information.
4) From Nosara-
- Take early bus from Nosara to Nicoya and then connect with bus to Playa Samara (2.5 hours)
- Shared Shuttle picks up daily in the afternoon at 530PM and costs $45 pp
- Private transport can be arranged at your pick-up time and costs between $90-$100 for up to 6 persons. Perfect for groups or families. We will call for the best rate.
- Take the early bus from Tamarindo to Liberia and connect with first bus to Nicoya, then connect with bus to Samara (3-4 hours)
- Shared Shuttle departs daily in the afternoon from Tamarindo and costs between $50-$55 pp. Contact us for availability.
- A private car can be arranged to pick up at your time for $130-$140 for 6 passengers. Perfect for 3 or more. We will call for the best price.
Montezuma and Santa Teresa/Mal Pais –
- The public bus is very long – take first bus to Paquera Ferry and connect to Puntarenas. From Puntarenas you connect with the first bus to Liberia and depart the bus at the Pan American highway for Nicoya to connect with the San Jose bus that departs San Jose at 12pm. You need to be at the connection point before 3 PM. (full day)
- Shared Shuttle departs Montezuma and Santa Teresa/Mal Pais between 730am and 8am and costs $50pp. Way, way faster and more comfortable than the public bus. If it is in your budget this is the way to go.
- A private car can be arranged to pick you up at your convenience for $240-$250 for up to 6 passengers this is a better value for larger
Latitude 9 52 58.02N
Longitude 85 31 55.98W